Thursday, 25 August 2016

Brief Analysis of a Digipak



This example of an existing Digipak has followed a six panel, one centre tray as you can see from above. Bruno Mars is Pop artist which has been reflected onto this Digipak design through the use of bright, positive colours such as various shades of yellow. This is a very simple design which includes very little images in order to exaggerate the genre to the audience making this very subtle. The Digipak does feature a figure in the bottom right of the front cover most likely representing the artist due to signature clothing such as the hat which Bruno Mars is seen wearing more often than not. In my opinion, if I didn't know about this Digipak I would say the genre was more Indie-Pop due to the pale colours used and the simplicity however, this Digipak still has conventions of Pop. 

Looking at existing digipak designs has helped me to understand requirements and key elements to designing a digpak. I mentioned that I feel as this could have been a digipak for the genre Indie pop because of the washed out tone applied to the design. This will be even more beneficial to me as I can now see what is required from a digipak of my chosen genre and the colour scheme in this existing design could be applied to my own digipak design as I found this particular design very appealing because of its simplicity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment